Please take a moment to check out our adoptable pets below! We add new pets weekly, so please check back often if you don't see what you are looking for.
At Pet Central Helps! our number one priority is the health, safety, and well-being of pets and people. As the impact of COVID-19 continues, we wanted to let you know about the extra steps we are taking to keep everyone in our community safe:
Our office will be closed, but our staff will continue to work remotely. For contact, email is preferred. Use firstname.lastname@example.org or if absolutely necessary, call between 1 and 5 PM Tuesday through Friday at 309-846-9534. We will be returning emails and calls as soon as possible, but please note that you may experience slightly longer than usual response times.
Our available animals are shown below!
Regular public adoption events are cancelled until further notice, but scheduled adoptions will continue to take place with procedural changes:
PCH has modified regular adoption procedures and policies to reflect current conditions. Since our counselors are unable to spend time interacting personally with clients and adoptable pets, we’ve made some temporary changes for increased safety and convenience.
In order to best accomplish social distancing, adopters are asked to:
- Select a pet and submit an online adoption survey for a dog or cat.
- A PCH adoption counselor will contact potential adopters within three business days (PCH cannot guarantee any pets availability, but we make every effort to accommodate adopters with a reply and possible alternative suggestions). Counselor and client will then have a conversation to answer questions and determine the suitability of a match (if necessary, we may opt to put adopters in touch with foster parents via a meeting app). We do require that adopters discuss all questions before pickup via phone or email in order to minimize direct contact with our staff/volunteers at the time of adoption.
- After a match is made, clients will be asked to sign our adoption agreement and pay the adoption fee through our secure website* *Please see our modified no-risk return policy
- We will promptly email all veterinary & microchip records.
- The PCH adoption counselor will then set up a specific appointment time to come to our office for drive-in pet pick up!
- Adopters should bring a pet carrier and leash to pick up. Adult pets will be wearing a collar. It is important that clients arrive on time, neither early nor late.
- Drive-in adoption! Upon arrival inside the Crossroads Center complex (360 Wylie Drive), turn left and look for PCH signage in the corner, in front of the large blue “YouthBuild” sign on the building. Adopters should pull in the driveway and all the way up underneath the large overhang.
- Adopters must stay in their vehicle. Under no circumstances should clients exit their vehicle, so please be prepared with items such as blankets, paper towels, cleanup spray, garbage bags, etc. Call 309-846-9534 when ready.
- A PCH representative in protective gear will carry or walk the pet out and place in the client’s vehicle. Social distancing practices should be respected during this process.
- We will take a “Happy Adoption Day” photo with family and new pet through the window of the vehicle. Thank you to all for saving the life of a shelter pet!
***Adopter may return this animal for an exchange or refund within 14 days (Minus a $35 processing fee). This policy gives new families and their adopted pet time to get to know one another, as a temporary replacement for the usual face to face meeting with our staff and volunteers. Adopters are always encouraged to contact PCH post-adoption with any questions regarding behavior, health, etc. Our mission is to keep pets and their families happy and together if possible. Pet Central has experienced professionals available to help- from the initial adoption transition and throughout the lifetime of each pet!
Click here to fill out an online adopter's survey (Dog or puppy)
Click here to fill out an online adopter's survey (Cat or kitten)
Special Adoption Offers and Discounts
Paws for Seniors Adoption Special
Adopters age 65 or older who adopt a cat or dog age 7 years or older are eligible for our senior discount. SENIOR ADOPTION SPECIAL fees are always $50 OR LESS!
Please click inside the box containing the animal photos in order to scroll all the way down to see all available animals!