Introducing Curbside Cuddles!
At Pet Central Helps! our number one priority is the health, safety, and well-being of pets and people. As the impact of COVID-19 continues, we wanted to let you know about the extra steps we are taking to keep everyone in our community safe:
Our office will be closed, but our staff will continue to work remotely. We will be returning emails and calls as soon as possible, but please note that you may experience slightly longer than usual response times.
View our available pets, to set up an appointment, or to adopt by filling out the easy online adoption survey here.
Interested in fostering? Fill out our foster form by clicking here so that we can get back to you asap!
PCH has modified regular adoption procedures and policies to reflect current conditions. Regular public adoption events are cancelled until further notice. Since our counselors are unable to spend time interacting personally with clients and adoptable pets, we’ve made some temporary changes for increased safety and convenience.
In order to best accomplish social distancing, adopters are asked to:
- Select a pet and submit an online adoption survey for a dog or cat.
- A PCH adoption counselor will contact potential adopters within three business days (PCH cannot guarantee any pets availability, but we make every effort to accommodate adopters with a reply and possible alternative suggestions). Counselor and client will then have a conversation to answer questions and determine the suitability of a match (if necessary, we may opt to put adopters in touch with foster parents via a meeting app). We do require that adopters discuss all questions before pickup via phone or email in order to minimize direct contact with our staff/volunteers at the time of adoption.
- After a match is made, clients will be asked to sign our adoption agreement and pay the adoption fee through our secure website* *Please see our modified no-risk return policy below.
- We will promptly email all veterinary & microchip records. **Please closely review these records and contact us immediately so that we may answer any questions BEFORE pick-up.**
- The PCH adoption counselor will then set up a specific appointment time to come to our office for drive-in pet pick up!
- Adopters should bring a pet carrier and leash to pick up. Adult pets will be wearing a collar. It is important that clients arrive on time, neither early nor late.
- Drive-in adoption! Upon arrival inside the Crossroads Center complex (360 Wylie Drive), turn left and look for PCH signage in the corner, in front of the large blue “YouthBuild” sign on the building. Adopters should pull in the driveway and all the way up underneath the large overhang.
- Adopters must stay in their vehicle. Under no circumstances should clients exit their vehicle, so please be prepared with items such as blankets, paper towels, cleanup spray, garbage bags, etc. Call 309-846-9534 when ready.
- A PCH representative wearing a mask will carry or walk the pet out and place in the client’s vehicle. Social distancing practices should be respected during this process.
- We will take a “Happy Adoption Day” photo with family and new pet through the window of the vehicle. Thank you to all for saving the life of a shelter pet!
PCH suports a 14-day no-fault return policy in which adopters are given the opportunity to find a better match. If we are not able to provide advice/tools to keep a pet in the home we offer several options:
- Exchange for a pet that may be a better match**
- Receive a one-year voucher for a pet that may be a better match**
- Receive a refund minus a $40 processing fee**
With this approach, we can often turn mis-matches into opportunities!
**All three options are for a pet of equal or lesser of the original fee. (Lesser adoption amounts do not include a refund of any monetary difference.) All return options include a $40 processing fee.**
Offers and Discounts!
Paws for Seniors Adoption Special
Adopters age 65 or older who adopt a dog or cat age 7 years or older are eligible for our senior discount. SENIOR ADOPTION SPECIAL fees are always $50 OR LESS!
Fill out the form below to apply to adopt a dog or puppy.